Senior Process Engineer
Prieto Battery, Inc. is a fast growing, dynamic battery company commercializing a 3D interdigitated Li-ion battery that provides fast charging, high power discharging, competitive energy density, that is safe, and that is made using sustainable, water-based manufacturing. We are located in Fort Collins, CO. The company values diverse backgrounds, creative thinking, and teamwork.
The Prieto Battery Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for the scale up of Prieto’s current lab-scale technology to pilot line production. This position is key to helping transition Prieto’s technology to commercialization. The main responsibilities include developing and scaling the cell production process and procedures by combining the best industry standard electroplating methods with the best industry standard battery manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate would have expertise with cell process development as well as manufacturing and electroplating. A strong background in process development is required.
- Design, develop, build and implement pilot level 3D battery cell unit processes, including anode coating, electrolyte deposition and cathode coating processes.
- Develop project plan for the design, construction and implementation of pilot plant consistent with customer and investor expectations.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate data to determine the best process parameters for new products and production lines.
- Design and implement process control systems for pilot and commercial production processes.
- Collaborate with R&D, engineering, and manufacturing teams to ensure that new pilot and commercial processes meet quality, safety, and cost requirements.
- Participate in the design and commissioning of new production lines.
- Stay current on industry developments and trends, and assess the feasibility of new processes or technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate work in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in battery production or process engineering.
- Strong knowledge of battery production processes and technologies, or in electroplating.
- Experience with process control systems and data analysis tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Prieto Battery, Inc. offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, PTO, up to 12 weeks paid FMLA leave, and participation in our equity incentive plan and 401K plans.
To apply for this job, email your details to [email protected] and mention the position you are applying for.